Saturday, October 13, 2012

U.S. Soccer Woes

I remember creating a Blogger account like three years ago, but I never got around to publishing any posts and it was mostly because I could never think of anything significant to write about. The only reason I am blogging right now is because it's a homework assignment. So when I sat down to write this I asked myself "what the hell do i write?" and then I said to myself "anything, it doesn't matter!" I mean why am I overthinking it? I could literally right anything. urhgur rguhruguie slrhgingfkjnjgfng. See...anything. But I guess I should write about things that matter to me. I love many things: basketball, television, reading, carl's jr, coffee, family, friends, snicker bars. But since it is recent I decided to talk about Soccer, and more specifically U.S. Mens soccer. The U.S. played against some country called Antigua and Barbuda and I mean this should have been easy pickings. But instead they decided, like they always do, to make it hard on themselves. It was tough to watch and see how much they were struggling against this little island. I know Lando and Fabian Johnson were out with injuries, but that's no excuse to wait until the 90th minute to get the winner. I know Lando is a great player but a team shouldn't just be dependent on one or two players. I know the world cup is still two years away but I honestly can't picture the United States getting any further in the tournament than they did 2 years ago when they were knocked out in the second round. With that said, I do think the team can get better and ultimately we will qualify for the world cup. The thing that frustrates me is that I don't yet see this as a team that can move on to a quarterfinal spot, but I do hope I am wrong.

This post is dedicated to my homeboy eddy who has been begging me to write something on my blog for the last three years.

-Your friend, Son of a Sheperd  

No comments:

Post a Comment